I was always a vegetarian but turned vegan two years ago. It was a decision I made after watching a documentary on the treatment of farm animals. It broke my heart and I quit egg and dairy overnight.
If you’re new to a vegan lifestyle, please make sure to include a variety of veggies, fruits and fibre into your diet. Also, include a vegan-friendly multivitamin (and/or iron pill especially for females) into your daily supplements. See a doctor before making any major changes. The last thing you want is to be nutrition deprived.
Channa (chickpea) masala curry (coming soon)
Cookie dough oatmeal breakfast (coming soon)
South Indian Molagutal (coming soon)
Peanut Butter Tofu Veggie stir fry (w/ brown rice) (coming soon)
Rajma (kidney bean) curry (coming soon)
My Grocery List
- almond/soy milk
- fruits (bananas, apples, oranges/mandarins)
- peanut butter
- steel cut oats
- bread (vegan certified or 100% vegetarian certified)
- frozen veggies (corn, mixed vegetables, broccoli)
- spinach, tomatoes, coriander, onions, lentils, chickpeas, kidney beans, ginger, carrots
- instant noodles (chow mein 3 minute)
- tofu or soy chunks
- roti, brown rice, pasta
- soy sauce, sriracha hot sauce, mustard
- nutritional yeast, unsweetened coconut shreds
- olives, pickles
I have a whole bunch of Indian spices, black pepper, and salt. Mmmm turmeric.
If I get lucky and find more veggies in the discounted section of Walmart I’ll go get the bell peppers, mushrooms, zucchini and anything else! Yum!
Junk food treats
- multigrain tostitos chips
- veggie straws
- spicy sweet chilli doritos (although I have been keeping away from these for a while now)
- Voortman’s chocolate chip cookies
- Vegan ice cream (So Good, Ben & Jerrys)