Cold Pasta Salad (vegan)
My brother was invited to his friend’s potluck BBQ so I thought I would help the kid out and make him a pasta salad. It turned out pretty good! Best eaten cold and on the same day you make it, as it is most creamy then!
Ingredients – feeds 6 – 8 people (leftovers are always yummy!)
- 3 to 4 cups Penne pasta, but you can use any type of pasta you have handy
- 4 to 6 tablespoons Hellman’s vegan mayo, depending on how creamy you want it
- 1 cup onion/red pepper/yellow pepper mix veggie bag
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- green/black olives cut in half (many as per your liking)
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika powder
- 0.5 tablespoon lemon juice
- black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- garnish with fresh chopped coriander (not seen in picture)
Boil pasta in salt water until it is cooked but still firm to bite (al dente). After cooked, wash thoroughly in cold water and set aside.
Thaw and stir fry the onion/red pepper/yellow pepper veggie mix. Keep aside and let cool.
Thaw frozen corn. Cut olives in half.
In one big pot mix together the pasta, mixed veggies, corn, and olives. Add the tablespoons of mayo, cumin powder, paprika powder, lemon juice, salt and pepper and stir it all in. Store in fridge. Just before serving garnish with freshly chopped coriander.
Something simple and tasty to eat! Enjoy!!