I become a cookie monster when I study. My CAP exam is a few days away and I have been cramming as much info as I can into my head. I also got in some practice sessions with the family medicine resident who is working with me. SO THANKFUL that he could spare some time for me! Got some good feedback about what I need to improve on! Confidence was the main thing!
High yield topics that I could be tested on (history taking, physical and tests, mx, tx, counseling): DM, HTN, headache, chest pain, SOB, abdominal pain, vaginal bleed, back pain, fatigue, dementia and delirium. Sigh. Will the studying ever stop? 🙂 Well yes, when I bake cookies! A few ingredients, very simple and hits the spot.
Choco Chip Pretzel Cookies (vegan)
Turn oven on to 350-375 degrees.
- 1 cup white flour + 1/4 teaspoon baking power and 1/4 tsp baking soda
- maple syrup (I only added 2-3 tablespoons, but feel free to add more for something sweeter)
- Almond milk (I didn’t measure this, poured a little at a time until the batter was thick enough consistency)
- Lots of crunched up pretzels and vegan chocochips
- Pinch of salt
- Vanilla essence (half teaspoon)
In one bowl I mixed it all together. Greased the baking tray with some vegan butter. Plopped some of the cookie dough on there (once again I was not particular on the shape because I just wanted some COOKIES) 🙂 Baked for a good 20-25 mins, checking to make sure it didn’t burn.
It was not too sweet and I got the crunch from the pretzel pieces and sweetness from the chocolate chips. Yummy!!
I haven’t forgotten to put up the popsicle recipe. Will do it next 😀